Steam Heating Installation in Boston
Steam heating systems in Boston can be very temperamental. We have the knowledge and experience to solve knocking and banging pipes: a common nuisance with steam systems. The knocking and banging is often caused by improperly pitched pipes or radiators; or, improperly installed system piping.
The Advantages of Steam Heat
Steam and hot-water heating systems have few moving parts, making them more reliable and durable if properly maintained…often more reliable than newer, more complicated heating systems. They also provide clean and dust-free heat, a huge plus if you or members of your family have problems with dust and other allergies.
Boiler Systems Operation
In steam heating systems, a boiler heats water by means of a gas or oil-fired burner and turns it into steam. The steam travels through pipes to radiators or convectors, which give off heat and warm the room. As the steam cools, it condenses back into water, and returns to the boiler to be heated again.
Steam Heating Systems Maintenance
While one of the advantages of boiler systems is their long life, these systems should still be serviced no less than annually to ensure trouble-free operation. At Pann Home Services, we:
- Check the safety valve, and pressure or water level gauge;
- Check the controls;
- Inspect & adjust the burner;
- Inspect the chimney & flues for possible blockages or leaks;
- Check low water cut-off & automatic water feeder;
- Check the air valves to regulate the heat;
- Make any and all necessary repairs;
- Recommend and install a new boiler when the old one runs out of “steam.”
Our Boston Steam Heating Services
Why Boston Should Hire Us For Steam Heating
Using the latest state-of-the-art equipment and methods, we apply a comprehensive and meticulous approach to retrofitting to ensure your HVAC system’s efficiency and safety.
For over 50 years, our company has installed and serviced and installed boilers down to a tee. A new boiler offers environmental and safety advantages. Using less fuel and producing fewer toxic by-products of combustion, new boilers reduce the risk of carbon monoxide exposure within the home or business, and contribute to a cleaner external environment for us all.
Recent Articles About Steam Heating
- Boston Heating Contractor: How They Could Help You
- Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Try To Do Boiler Repairs On Your Own in Boston