We all use bottled water from time to time, even if just as a matter of convenience. But as a daily staple at home, work, or on the road? Not such a great idea.
For starters, plastic water bottles are an ecological menace as these facts clearly illustrate:
- Plastic bottles take 700 years to even begin composting
- 90% of the cost of bottled water is attributed to the bottle itself
- 80% of plastic bottles are not recycled
- 38 million plastic bottles wind up in municipal dumps every year
- 24 million gallons of oil are needed to produce a billion plastic bottles
For those occasions where bottled water is your only clean water solution, please recycle. But for just about every other clean water need, a home water filtration system is the better and more eco-friendly choice. These are the two types of water filters we recommend and install at Pann Home Services:
- Point-of-use (also called “under sink”) water filters remove lead and other impurities as you draw water from your faucet. The water tank and filter are installed under your sink. What’s more, we offer tanks in multiple size tanks to suit your family’s daily water consumption.
- Whole-house water filters provide clean, purified water from every home source, including your washing machine, dishwasher, faucets, shower, and all the rest. This is the solution for people who want clean, soft, and filtered water…no substitutions, please!
More Benefits of Filtered Water.
- Water filters greatly reduce the risk of rectal, colon, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from drinking water.
- Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters provide your last line of defense against more than 2,100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
And, of course, you’ll be saving money on all the bottled water you won’t need any longer. To learn more about your home water filtration options, and how they benefit you, contact Pann Home Services today.