Color has an amazing ability to influence our minds and bodies. Different hues can excite, soothe, agitate, or inspire. So, if you’re planning to give a room – or your entire home – a little facelift, consider the moods and emotions that various colors can elicit before making your final selections.
1. Red – Red can excite and energize, increase breathing and heart rate. As such, it may not be the best color for a bedroom, especially for someone who already has a tough time relaxing and falling asleep. If you must have red in your bedroom, use it as a decorative accent.
2. Orange – A largely under-utilized paint option, orange is said to encourage communication, independence, confidence, and extroversion. This warm color can be a great choice for a family room or child’s play room.
3. Yellow – This sunny color is associated with feelings of happiness and joy. A softer hue can aid concentration while a brighter yellow can increase motivation and memory. However, too much bright yellow can create feelings of agitation.
4. Green – The color green has a calming, soothing impact and can reduce feelings of anxiety, making it an ideal choice for just about any room.
5. Blue – Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. It’s a great choice for the rooms you occupy most often.
6. Purple – A color often associated with royalty – symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic. According to surveys, almost 75 percent of pre-adolescent children prefer purple to all other colors.
7. Pink – Pink has a calming effect that can work quite well in just about any space. Try pairing pink accessories, artwork, or accent furniture with a neutral background for a warm, inviting look.
What mood do you want to create inside your home? Whatever it is, the Pann home remodeling team has the experience and talent to bring your vision to life. We’re also a fan favorite for porch and deck building, exterior painting, new windows – in fact, just about any home upgrade. Contact us today for more information and a no-obligation quote.