If there is a single plumbing issue that causes our clients the most grief, it’s clogged drains. No matter how careful or clean we might be, clogged drains are practically inevitable in the household. While we here at Pann Home Services are always happy to help you clear an obstructed drain, we’d prefer for your drain to stay clean. That’s why we’ve come up with several tips to help you reduce the number of obstructions you face throughout the year. By keeping these few tips in mind, you can save yourself the money and hassle that comes with a traditional drain cleaning.
5 Tips For Keeping Clean Drains
- Use A Drain Screen
- These handy little gadgets help prevent hair, soap scum, and other debris from washing down your drain. All you need to do is place them atop of your drain. Clean them out after every shower or as necessary, and you’re guaranteed to see a difference in the frequency of troublesome clogs.
- Clean Your Stoppers
- Pop-up stoppers collect hair, soap scum, and other debris. As they can be difficult to access, these components are obnoxious to clean. If left alone for long enough, the stoppers can create the very clogs they once prevented.
- Keep Fats Away From Your Drain
- If you find yourself with excess animal fats, oils, or other greases, make sure none of it finds its way into your sink. Instead, drain it into a disposable container and place it in your trash or dispose of it according to local ordinances. Otherwise, the grease will harden inside your drain and eventually form a formidable clog.
- Fiberous Foods Go In The Trash
Your drains hate celery, soft cooked vegetable, celery, and other fibrous foods because they can’t grind them out. Instead, consider composting any leftover vegetable scraps. At the very least, throw these foods in the trash and dispose of them that way.
- Run Soapy Hot Water
- No one’s perfect in the drain maintenance department, especially in homes with multiple family members. Washing grease and food debris down a drain simply isn’t always avoidable. Combat buildup by running a stream of warm, soapy water through your lines.
- Keep Foreign Objects Out
- Toilets cannot handle objects like jewelry, toys, or other bulky things. If these objects make their way into your plumbing, an impregnable clog is sure to follow.
Trust Pann Home Services For All Your Drain Cleaning Needs
No matter how diligent you are, drains are bounds to clog. However, it isn’t difficult to reduce the frequency with which they appear. Of course, if you find that your home is suffering from a clog, know that you can always contact Pann Home Services for prompt and professional service. We’ll solve the problem, starting with a guaranteed price quote.
If you find yourself in need of plumbing expertise outside of Massachusetts, we recommend the service of our friends in Colorado, Done Plumbing & Heating. Done is the local expert in Aurora drain cleaning