When you have young children and rambunctious teens at home, your house goes through a lot! Scuffed floors, chipped paint, scratched appliances, and stained carpets are just some of the imperfections you learn to live with. Yet once they go off to college or venture out on their own, you get the opportunity to tackle those updates and renovations you’ve put off for so long.
But where do you start? Here are 10 of the most popular projects empty nesters are most likely to take on.
- 1. Invest in new furniture. When raising a family, having furniture that can stand up to scratches, spills, and daily wear and tear is important. Once the kids fly the coop, you can choose furnishings for their beauty instead of just their ability to stand up spilled juice and sticky fingerprints.
- 2. Left with an empty bedroom or finished basement? Why not turn it into your dream home office? Choose an ergonomic desk, comfortable chair, and stylish accessories to help you stay focused and inspired.
- 3. No need for a home office? Add a home gym, instead. Remove all unnecessary clutter, add in cushy yoga mats, free weights, a treadmill, or whatever will help you get – or stay – in the best shape of your life.
- 4. Fall in love with your kitchen again by painting the cabinets, updating hardware, upgrading the appliance, and changing light fixtures. Or if budget allows, do a complete overhaul and design the entertainers kitchen of your dreams.
- 5. Add an upscale entertainment room. Bid farewell to the teen hangout and turn that space into an inviting place to unwind, chill out, or entertain. Whether it’s just swapping out the flat screen for a larger one complete with surround sound or adding in plush seating and a mini fridge, you’ll love having a dedicated space to watch the big game or binge your favorite TV shows.
- 6. Give out of town guests (including your kids!) a comfortable place to stay. Freshen up the walls with paint, add new luxurious bedding, update the nightstands and lamps, and add some thoughtful additions like plush towels, robes, and slippers.
- 7. Speaking of paint, why not freshen up every room with a light, crisp color palate? Paint is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to breathe new life into a tired, stale space.
- 8. If your bedroom isn’t the soothing, relaxing atmosphere you desire, there’s no time like the present to make it just that. Invest in new furniture, bedding, closet organization, and even give your en suite bath a makeover if budget allows.
- 9. Update the bathrooms. It’s time to bid farewell to the mermaid or baseball themed bathroom décor. Even small changes like paint, new hardware and fixtures, shower curtain, and towels can make a world of difference.
- 10. Create the ultimate outdoor oasis by adding a hot tub, building a deck or patio, or installing the ultimate outdoor kitchen.
And who better to help you renovate your space than Pann Home Services & Remodeling? Whether your project involves plumbing, HVAC, remodeling, or carpentry, our team of professionals is ready to get the process underway. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.