That’s a question that’s much easier to pose than answer, and yet it’s one we get asked all the time. And how do we advise people? The answer is a great big “It depends!” That’s not a dodge, merely our way of pointing out that no two sets of circumstances are ever the same.
So, to help you figure out your best move at present, here are a handful of things to keep in mind.
Reasons to Repair Your AC System
- Your system is 10 years old or newer
- The repair cost has been estimated at $1,000 or less
- It turns out the problem is with your thermostat or ductwork, and not the system itself
- You’re planning to move in the next year or two
- Your system does not have a history of repair problems
Reasons to Replace Your AC System
- Your system is over 10 years old
- The estimated repair cost is over $1,500
- You have no immediate plans to move
- The repair issue is of a recurring nature
- Your system’s refrigerant is Freon, which will no longer be available even for older system recharging starting in 2020
Still undecided? Then contact Pann Home Services for expert and reliable advice. At your request, we’ll thoroughly clean and inspect your AC system and, in the process, figure out what’s wrong with it. Maybe the solution is as simple as replacing your filter, or maybe your system isn’t worth repairing. Whatever it is, we’ll present you with repair and replacement options and help you make the best choice for your home, family and budget.