Most people think of their home heating system as a furnace when the truth dictates otherwise. Here’s the difference between a furnace and a boiler:
- If air ducts supply heat, it’s a furnace (or “forced air heating system”).
- If heat is supplied by radiators or baseboard units, it’s a boiler (or “hydronic heating system”).
The experts who provide industrial valve service and supply recommend giving equal importance to your boilers and water storage units and insulating the outside of your home. In addition to reducing the heating and energy bills, this may prevent problems with freezing throughout the winter.
At Pann Home Services, we are boiler heating specialists and explain the importance of boiler maintenance, especially before the heating season is well underway.
Boiler Maintenance with Pann Home Services
No matter the age or type, all boilers can’t perform at high levels of reliability and energy efficiency without regular care. Having your boiler serviced regularly can shave up to 10% off your home heating bills. However, you’ll pay more without regular maintenance to heat your home while opening the door to any repair issues.
To help ensure ongoing safety, your Pann heating specialist will carefully inspect safety valves and water gauge glass. Safety valves are designed to alleviate pressure if all other systems fail. As for the water gauge, the glass needs to be maintained appropriately, so you’ll know if the water level is too low.
More Critical Boiler Maintenance Steps:
- Ensure gauges are accurate
- Check expansion-tank pressure
- Make sure all safety devices (pressure relief valves, pressure, and temperature controls, low water-sensing devices, etc.) are functioning properly
- Check the fuel system for leaks, rules, and proper operation
- Then check the combustion system for signs of overheating and exhaust leaks
- Check the heating system for zone balancing, uneven heating, and leaks
- Make sure the circulator pump runs quietly
- Also, make sure the water inside the system is clean
There’s a lot to look at in a boiler, and we check it all for your added peace of mind.
If you can’t recall the last time your boiler received preventive maintenance, the time is now, and Pann Home Services is ready to answer the call.