Visiting a friend or family member who just purchased a home is always fun! Besides oohing and ahhing over their new home, you get to socialize, enjoy tasty food, and enjoy good company. But what do you bring? Sure, you can grab a nice bottle of wine or a bouquet of flowers, but if you want to bring a housewarming gift that will truly be appreciated and enjoyed, we’ve got you covered.
Here are a few housewarming gift ideas new homeowners are sure to love.
Outdoor Décor. A personalized bird feeder, windchimes, a metal monogram sign, or a personalized door mat are all unique and thoughtful gifts they’re sure to enjoy for years to come.
- Personalized Wall-Mounted Bottle Opener. Whether it’s mounted in the kitchen, workshop, rec room, or outside near the grill, this gift will undoubtedly get used. Consider making it themed to suit the homeowner’s interests like gardening, sports, camping, and so on.
- Themed Fire Extinguisher. While we hope this is one housewarming gift that never gets used, a fire extinguisher is a practical must-have for every home. But that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. How about one decorated to look like a bottle of their favorite craft beer, a bottle of ketchup, or a famous athlete?
- Travel-Inspired Candles. Whether it’s the sweet coconut sent of the tropics or the woodsy aroma of the mountains, nothing adds a bit of ambiance like candles.
- Yard Games. Nothing livens up a gathering like yard games! Choose from personalized cornhole boards, bocci, giant versions of Jenga, Farkle, and more.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Basket. For the environmentally-conscious homeowner, fill a decorative basket (hopefully one you already have on hand versus buying new) with reusable sandwich and snack bags, cloth napkins and paper towels, beeswax food wrap, DIY air freshener, and so on.
- Homeowner Survival Kit. Here’s another gift you hope is never needed, but one that’s essential to have around for those “just in case” events life sometimes throws our way. Think all the things you need to weather a storm or stick it out during a power outage – LED candles, flashlights, batteries, a portable charger, cozy blanket, and for fun, a few card games and a bottle of wine.
- A Subscription Service. Whether the homeowner is a cookie connoisseur, wine enthusiast, or king or queen of the kitchen, there’s a monthly subscription service for about any pastime or interest.
- Indoor Herb Garden. Lovely, practical, and delicious, an indoor herb garden will provide a delicious addition to every meal without the fuss of a large outdoor garden.
- Get to Know the Neighborhood. New to the area? Who wouldn’t love a list of all the hot spots in town complete with gift cards to try them out? You can also include info on essential services like libraries, urgent care centers, veterinarians, trusted landscapers, plumbing and HVAC companies, dog-walkers, baby-sitters, and more.
Or, how about a gift card for Pann Home Services? That’s right, your local plumbing, heating, air conditioning, indoor air quality, remodeling, and handyman specialists.One or more of the services is bound to be needed even within the first few months of new home ownership, and you can purchase your gift card in any amount you choose. Call us for one of the most creative and thoughtful housewarming gifts good friends or family members could ask for.